Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Crawfish Festival in Old Town Spring

Saturday Garrett and I ventured up to Spring for the Crawfish Festival with his cousin, and other family! Won’t lie, I think I was more excited about meeting baby Ashlynn, (who turned exactly 1 month old on Saturday, and is the tiniest baby girl I’ve ever seen!) than the abundance of crawfish I could eat that day. Yes, I have a new enjoyment with eating mudbugs... as they call them in Louisiana.

Crawfish!

I should have known what I was in for going to a festival of this sort, but I was still surprised as ever to see sooo many people there! (I don’t think I’ve ever seen so many people wearing Duck Dynasty shirts at one place in. my. entire. life.)

There were two different parts to the festival, the town streets with food carts and lots of little shops, and the carnival/concert part that you can pay to experience. Sadly, Garrett and I didn’t pay the $15/person to watch a bunch of redneck kids run around screaming… but what we could have seen was Uncle Si from Duck Dynasty! Our loss I guess, but hey, there are always more redneck festivals!

As far as the crawfish goes, there were probably 5 different carts selling boiled crawfish, there were crawfish everywhere! There were also a few carts for beer, ice cones, donut hamburgers (yes, that’s right, a hamburger between a glazed donut sliced like a bagel... ) and deep fried everything!


My handsome Fiancé!

Garrett wandered off by his lonesome and about 20 minutes later, came strolling up with 4 deep fried Oreo’s, and 2 deep fried Reese’s. I have to admit, the fat kid in me HAD to try a deep fried Oreo… and it was worth all 5 of the extra miles I’ll be running this week! :-)

It was a beautiful day for the festival!


No comments:

Post a Comment